11.08.2015

what is love?



Today marks the day I have been with my wonderful boyfriend for a whole 7 years. 


That's right, I said 7 years. I have been with him for literally 1/3 of my life. Guys, I'm pretty sure in some states we are common law married. 


So this is a tribute blog to my best friend, my partner in crime, and my knight and shining armor. 


We were so lucky to have met so early in life (I was 14, him 16) and to have the opportunity to grow up together. We have been through high school together, cheering him on whenever he'd get a touchdown, we've been through a summer of lineman school (the electric kind, not football kind), we've been through a super depressing college freshman year (it was rough folks), and now we are here. Me, in my last year at school and finishing up graduate school, and him, after just buying a nice home and venturing off into adulthood. 


This is the type of thing I love about life and love. God puts you in the most perfect situations sometimes, and I just think it is awesome. I would have never fathomed that my first kiss would be my last, and honestly, I'm thinking that's what is going to happen with him (knock on wood).



I have always been realistic about the situations we have been in. I mean, to start dating at such a young age (I mean, 14? I was a BABY) it is hard to even fathom that a couple can last through all of the changes associated with "growing up." College, the first jobs, being away from each other for extended periods of time, personality changes, the fact that your brain LITERALLY ISN'T EVEN DEVELOPED YET (shout-out to my cognition slp's out there). 


Luckily I am here now. And I don't think I really have to worry about our brains changing any more (we are at the end of the age where that frontal lobe is developing, so I think I made it!) and as we get older I love him more and more every. single. day. 


I always had to remind myself through all of these changes, that it is OKAY if we were to not work out. I mean, when you are in a relationship so young you have two choices: Either grow together, or grow apart. The key there is growing. You change, it is inevitable, and luckily for us we were blessed to grow together and still maintain the interest and love towards one another. 


I still remember the first dance we had, and I remember how nervous I was to fathom talking to a Junior football player when I was a measly little freshman who had never even had her first kiss. But he was the sweetest boy I could come into contact with, and now he has grown into the sweetest man I know. 



We've been through 4 proms, 8 homecoming dances, like 14 billion dates, spending time at the lake together every summer for the past 6 years (did I mention somehow we both HAVE A COTTAGE AT THE SAME LAKE. ACROSS FROM EACH OTHER. Can you say fate?), 100 trillion forehead kisses, a few vacations, countless hugs, too many good-byes, not enough hellos, getting our first jobs, getting degrees, quitting jobs, making new friends (together), and so, so, so much more. 


There isn't enough room to explain the life that I have been lucky to live with him. I literally feel like the luckiest person in the world to have the opportunity to be with such an amazing man. He's my rock. Literally. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty independent (I mean he does refer to me as "the Boss") but I never find myself completely comfortable when I am without him. 


So, with that all said, I just want to thank you, Bug, for being with me through all of these changes and going through this adventure called life, with me. 



Love you so much, and I'm so happy to have the opportunity to spend the rest of my life with you. 

Photobucket

61 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! And your ring is gorgeous!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Today’s Post: Featuring Alena… Purple Poncho Sweater

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely pics!
    Have a nice evening!
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are the cutest, so adorable, a credit to love itself!

    http://whatkatiewatched.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many congratulations to you both!
    So sweet to hear how your relationship has stood the test of time
    All the best for the future

    What Raj Wants

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is the most important thing in our live! Great photos! :)

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too adorable! God bless you both x A million congratulations!!

    Lina / lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous! 7 years is incredible and it's truly amazing you could see each other grow. My parents actually met when they were 16 and are still together - it's all about finding that one person and congratulations! Your ring is absolutely stunning as well! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww you two look so happy together! You are so gorgeous! I'm following your blog now, would love if you followed me back :)

    www.lincolnparksharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are so happy! and thank you so much!! i'll definitely be checking your blog out! :)

      Delete
  9. Happy 7 year anniversary to you guys!! You look adorable!! :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't want to assume anything, but is that ring a promise ring?

    I think young love that blossoms into adulthood is the sweetest, most beautiful. most poignant kind of love there is because the two people in love get to see each and every side of their partner. The both of you look lovely together, and I love how goofy you guys are! Huge congrats on 7 years and may there be many more years to come. <3

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's actually an engagement ring. he asked me on friday! and thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  11. OMG that's amazing! Happy Anniversary! I'm a month of celebrating my 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend, but wow 7! XO

    Courtney | Courtselizabeth | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i know! such a long time! haha it flew by!

      Delete
  12. such a great post! I loved it girl <3

    www.sahara-desert.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look adorable together *_*

    http://www.everydaycoffee.it/

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh what a cute post. happy 7th anniversary you beautiful couple :)
    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is the cutest post ever, I can't wait till I've been with someone that long! Congratulations xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg happy 7th anniversary Rach. You guys are so lucky to have found true love at such an early stage. Wish you all the best.

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice photos :) congrats on 7 years
    $200 Gift Card Giveaway on my blog
    http://www.mimosasandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You two look so cute together! Congrats on 7 years of relationship! I'm with my boyfriend for 3 years already,there has been rough times and happy times,but i know the feeling when you're there for each other no matter what happens :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! and congrats on sticking with it for 3 years!

      Delete
  19. Amazing post dear! I invite you to join my Giveaway on the blog:

    theprintedsea.blogspot.de/2015/11/phone-case-giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute post! Congratulations

    http://www.myhappynook.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. you guys are too cute! And you look so happy and perfect for each other!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations to both of you! Your story is so sweet and I only wish the best and more for your future as a couple!
    Also, thank you for stopping over at my blog!

    sampzandsuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the comment left on our blog! We just followed you on Google+ and Bloglovin' :)
    And awesome post, you guys are so cute together!! We wish you both many more happy years together

    www.selftimersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi dear
    Great post, full of details
    Your blog is amazing, wanna follow each other?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations! Looks like you are not only a wonderful but also a very happy couple <3
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I checked your blog with the result: I like it! I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It would be great if you come back to my blog to follow me - then I will follow you immediately back.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awh this is the sweetest! I love that quote - "either grow together or grow apart, the key there is growing", I think you said it wonderfully. Congratulations to you guys (definitely a bit of fate sprinkled in there)! (:

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! You look so happy together! Cute photos!

    Danielle
    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing blog, you're two look lovely!I follow you , can you follow me back? :-*
    http://thewhiteandgold.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations! Looks like fun!! You have the most amazing hair!
    xo, Shell
    http://acourageousbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations! May you have many more awesome 7 years :)

    Thankyou for the lovely words on my blog - does make posting all that much sweeter
    xx

    AmBlog - Bargain, Beauty & Being Amber Blogger

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on the blog! I will try to respond to as many comments as possible. If you would like a quicker response, please email me (rachg.423@gmail.com) or tweet me (@sohirach)!